About Andrew Seward
A problem solving manufacturing professional with the demonstrated ability to develop, implement, and drive solutions that support revenue and facilitate cost containment. Core member of Lean Six Sigma transformation team for IBM’s United States and Canadian Semiconductor Solutions divisions. Direct responsibility for integrating and driving sustaining processes within five layers of management and over 3000 employees. Proven, hands on success in design, deployment, training, coaching, and facilitation resulting in culture shift and significant operational impact.
Recent Experiences and Results
Legacy of continuous improvement and award winning accomplishments spanning all aspects of semiconductor design, development, and production.
Spare Parts Strategic Account Manager for Tokyo Electron supporting IBM semiconductor operations
- Optimized inventory, managed escalations and drove continuos improvement of parts and supply chain.
- Faciliated continous improvement by establishing metrics for both spending and part wait to facilitate continuous improvment.
- Resulted in annulized spares spending from $10M to $6M with 30% increase in install base.
- Drove Machine Down Waiting parts from 3.0% to <0.5% while reducing overall inventory levels.
Managed and led the Lean Six Sigma transformation of IBM’s 300mm semiconductor development and manufacturing organization.
- Eliminated over $40M of in process inventory.
- Enabled $650M capital expansion supporting introduction of two new technologies without additional staffing.
- Reduced overall variable expenses of over $10M/yr.
- Improved cycle time by 66% from 8 times raw process time to 3 times raw process time for a business critical wafer start/manufacturing corridor for early user hardware and customer critical parts.
- Drove culture shift through an aligned top down strategy, structured problem solving, and standard work
- Customized and deployed Lean and Six Sigma tools/methodologies.
- Developed curriculum and led executive steering committee.
Recruited by senior executive team of Server Development Division to drive global efforts spanning business and technical issues in support of Sony product launch.
- Resolved engineering, shipping, IT, packaging, and customer quality problems to enable first year revenues of over $340M by managing and driving closure of business, technical and logistics issues associated with qualification and production volume ramp of the Sony Playstation-3 processor.
- Achieved record 20% reduction in turn around time from design release to system validation.
- Recovered six month schedule slip, beating original schedule by two weeks, despite design changes post release to manufacturing.
- Developed inter-company IT solution to support unique secure information exchange requirements.
- End to End responsibilities inclusive of design verification, wafer manufacturing, C4, Test, Bond & Assembly.
- Coordinated efforts of a globally deployed team consisting of multiple design and manufacturing centers.